6 Tips for Millennial Home Buyers
Posted by Louisville Realty Group on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 3:12 PM By Louisville Realty Group / February 3, 2020 Comment
In 2019, millennials made up 37% of all home buyers in the United States and that number is looking to rise. As more and more millennials decide to settle down and start considering buying a home, it’s important to know the best way to go about it. Here are 6 important tips for this new generation of home buyers:
- Make Sure Your Finances Are in Order: Before you begin to look for a new home, be sure that it’s financially viable for you. Buying a home can be an expensive process, so you want to make sure you can afford it and still enjoy the lifestyle you want. Saving up money is important, especially saving for a down payment on a house, which can help show potential sellers that you are serious about purchasing.
- Choose the Right Realtor: Buying a house can be a daunting process, so you want to make sure you have someone in your corner. Finding a realtor that knows what you want and is easy to communicate with will make the search for your first home so much easier. The right realtor will help you find the home that’s perfect for you.
- Find a House You Can Afford: When house hunting, it’s imperative to stay within your means. It may be tempting to go outside of your budget when shopping for a home, but staying within that budget will keep you out of debt and help you save money. Those savings can be applied to any unforeseen costs or used to furnish or improve your home.
- Think About the Long Term: It’s important to think about your future, especially when buying a home. During the search for your new home, keep in mind your plans for the next couple of years and find a house with room to grow, especially if you’re planning on having a family. Finding a house with extra rooms for children or space for a home office can help you prepare for your future.
- Attend Open Houses: Before you buy a home, see what it looks like in person and learn as much as you...