Ready to put your home on the market? Whether you’re buying or selling, it can be a complicated process. That’s why many people look to a knowledgeable, experienced real estate agent for help. Here are a few top reasons to work with a real estate professional:
1. Expert Guidance: During the process, you’ll be faced with lots of documents, unfamiliar terms and steps that can seem overwhelming. A real estate agent can act as your guide through this complicated process, answering any questions and helping you feel engaged along the way—especially if you’re a first-time home buyer.
2. Market Trends: If you’re looking for current information on the housing market, it’s important to work with a realtor. Real estate agents are always up-to-date on local market trends and can help you make informed decisions. They can also share knowledge on different neighborhoods, school districts and other home sales in your area.
3. Negotiating Skills: A major part of the real estate process, whether buying or selling, involves negotiating the sale price. An experienced realtor will know what a home is worth and will help you negotiate the best price.
4. Marketing Tools: These days, the majority of people start their home search online. But marketing your home for sale isn’t as simple as just listing it on the internet. Making sure your home is presentable, finding potential buyers and in-person showings are all important parts of marketing a home. A real estate agent is a pro at making all these things happen effectively.
5. Experience: Realtors can bring a lot to the table. Working with an agent allows you tap into their vast experience. They will help you navigate the real estate process and help you buy or sell a home as quickly and easily as possible. And if they’re really good at their job, they’ll make it enjoyable too.
In addition to all...
In 2019, millennials made up 37% of all home buyers in the United States and that number is looking to rise. As more and more millennials decide to settle down and start considering buying a home, it’s important to know the best way to go about it. Here are 6 important tips for this new generation of home buyers:
- Make Sure Your Finances Are in Order: Before you begin to look for a new home, be sure that it’s financially viable for you. Buying a home can be an expensive process, so you want to make sure you can afford it and still enjoy the lifestyle you want. Saving up money is important, especially saving for a down payment on a house, which can help show potential sellers that you are serious about purchasing.
- Choose the Right Realtor: Buying a house can be a daunting process, so you want to make sure you have someone in your corner. Finding a realtor that knows what you want and is easy to communicate with will make the search for your first home so much easier. The right realtor will help you find the home that’s perfect for you.
- Find a House You Can Afford: When house hunting, it’s imperative to stay within your means. It may be tempting to go outside of your budget when shopping for a home, but staying within that budget will keep you out of debt and help you save money. Those savings can be applied to any unforeseen costs or used to furnish or improve your home.
- Think About the Long Term: It’s important to think about your future, especially when buying a home. During the search for your new home, keep in mind your plans for the next couple of years and find a house with room to grow, especially if you’re planning on having a family. Finding a house with extra rooms for children or space for a home office can help you prepare for your future.
- Attend Open Houses: Before you buy a home, see what it looks like in person and learn as much as you...
Written by LRG Intern, Savannah Wafford
Many people have questions about their real estate agent. What are they doing for me? Why should I hire one? Could I be doing this on my own? To answer some of your burning questions here are five ways your realtor is working for you:
1. They Market Your Home Using Their Resources
If an agent is helping you sell your home they put thier own time, energry and money into marketing your home for you. This ranges from promoting your home on social media and in newspapers to hosting open houses. Real estate agents will also pay for professional photos and videos of your home Realtors will use their network and resources to help you sell your home quickly and for the best price.
2. Use Their Knowledge of the Local Market
Realtors have great knowledge about the local market. Both buyers and sellers agents keep up to date with all of the homes for sale in the area and can share the newest listings with you. Sellers agents can help you price your home based on similar homes in the area that have sold recently.
3. They Deal with Offers, Counter-Offers and Other Paperwork